Rakuten.com (former Ebates.com) is one of the largest and most popular cashback services in the USA. It was created in 1998 and now counts over 25 million users.
Rakuten cashback service is a sub-company of Rakuten Inc., a popular e-commerce platform that also owns the Viber.com messenger as well as Rakuten Marketing CPA network (an advertising platform for internet stores) and several other successful companies.
By the way, Rakuten Inc. is also an official sponsor of the Barcelona football team.
What makes Rakuten unique is that they provide cashback for shopping offline (at actual stores) as well as online.
Rakuten.com is available in a number of languages (in a form of several websites) although it’s mostly used by USA residents (and sometimes by the Japanese as Rakuten Inc. head office is located in Tokyo).
https://www.ebates.com – international website (in English)
https://www.ebates.ca – website for Canada
https://www.ebates.cn – website for China
https://www.ebates.kr – website for Korea
https://www.rebates.jp – website for Japan
Also, Rakuten is working with 2000+ online stores most of which will even provide coupons and promo codes for additional discounts.
Advantages of Rakuten cashback service
- cashback available for shopping offline (with Rakuten Visa Card)
- stores with double cashback
- $10 registration bonus or a $10 promo code for Walmart (in case your cashback reaches $25 within 90 days after the registration)
- minimum withdrawal amount starts at $5.01
- automatic cashback withdrawal every quarter
- coupons and promo codes for a number of stores, also daily special offers
- a large number of stores with cashback
- RakutenVISA bank card will give you 3% of cashback for making any purchase
- In Store Cashback: you may add a Visa/American Express bank card issued in the USA and receive cashback for shopping at 50+ offline stores in the USA automatically when paying with your bank card (https://www.Rakuten.com/in-store-cash-back.htm)
- browser extension available (only for Google Chrome)
- mobile apps for iOS and Android
- affiliate program available (+$5 per a friend you bring in after they save up $25 of cashback)
- frequent bonus promotional offers to attract new users
Disadvantages of Rakuten cashback service
- low cashback rates
- few money withdraw options (only PayPal and cheque)
- the registration bonus is only awarded after $25 of cashback is accumulated
- money withdrawal is only available once in 3 months, but you can do it automatically after putting in your information.
In general, Rakuten is a large cashback service with many interesting functions, reliable partners and a huge number of users. The website’s design is minimalistic, pleasant and user-friendly.
Getting cashback with Rakuten is profitable and safe. Cashback is always assigned correctly and can be withdrawn on time with no delays.
Take a look at Rakuten.com traffic rates
The cashback platform’s website, https://www.ebates.com is visited by about 29 mln users a month. These numbers fully reflect the service’s popularity and reliability.
Rakuten money withdrawal options
You can withdraw your cash back from Rakuten automatically by using one of these options:
- Big Fat Check (starting from $5)
- PayPal (starting from $5)
Money withdrawal is available every three months and only if cashback amount exceeds $5 or more (the money will be transferred automatically after you select the withdrawal option).
How to sign up on Rakuten.com?
Open www.ebates.com and click Join now in the top right corners of the page.
In case there is a special offer, choose your registration bonus in the window that will be opened (promo code for $10 to shop at Walmart or $10 on your Rakuten balance), then:
- put in your active email
- choose a password
- click I’m not a robot
- press Join Now
To sign up in a single click, press Facebook or Google logo (in case you have got an account on either of the websites).
Please don’t forget you can only receive your registration bonus after you accumulate $25 of cashback or more.
That’s it, you have successfully signed up on rakuten.com and can proceed with shopping with cashback.
Note: you don’t need to confirm your email after the registration, but please check your inbox just in case, you may have to follow a link to activate your account or confirm the email.
How to get cashback on Rakuten.com?
To make a purchase with cashback you need to log in on Rakuten:
- go to Rakuten.com and click Sign In
- enter your login (email) and password
- tick off I’m not a robot
- click Sign In
In case you signed up on Rakuten via a social network, click that network’s logo above to log in.
Then choose the online store where you want to shop with cashback.
To find a particular store use quick store search (in the top of the page) or click All Stores in the top left of the page to see all stores that offer cashback.
There’s also a convenient store catalogue on the left and a filter to sort all stores alphabetically, by popularity or by cashback.
To activate cashback click the Shop Now red button next to the store of your choice.
After you go to the store’s website cash back will be activated automatically and you can shop as you normally would, but this time with cashback.
You can check for discount coupons, read about the online store, look up cashback rates and conditions as well as activate cashback on the store’s detail page (to go there click the name of the store in the All Stores section).
After you have paid for your online purchase, cashback will be displayed in the Rakuten statistics within a few minutes (possibly hours or even days).
Cashback will change its status to confirmed 1-40 days after you receive your order from the online store and it will then be available for withdrawal.
You can see all assigned cashback and your balance in the top right part of the website or in the pop-down menu of your account in the Cashback Balance section.
Withdrawing money from Rakuten cashback service
Rakutenallows you to withdraw money automatically, but first you will need to put in your information and preferred withdrawal option:
- Select Account Settings in the pop-down menu (or in your account menu on the right) and choose Add Address.
- In the form that appears put in your name, last name, street address, city, postal code and country from the pop-down menu and press the Submit green button below the form.
- After you save the information you have put in, tick off the preferred withdrawal method in the Payment Type menu and press Update.
That’s it, your information is successfully updated and your confirmed cashback will be transferred to your PayPal account or sent to your mailing address as a bank cheque (depending on the option you have selected).
Rakutenmakes payments approximately every 3 months automatically, take a look at the schedule of automatic payments:
In-Store Cash Back program by Rakuten
With a unique In-Store CashBack program you can get cashback from shopping in over 50 offline stores in the USA (actual real stores).
To get cashback from local American stores add one or a few credit or debit cards (American Express, VISA) on Rakuten.com, then add them to the stores of your choice from the list (the card must be issued by an American bank).
After you pay for your order at the store with a pre-added card, cashback will be assigned automatically to your Rakuten account within 1-7 days.
How to add a bank cards to a store on Rakuten
- Go to My Wallet section of the pop-down menu on the right or in your account on the left
- In My Wallet section press Add a New Card (it will be on the top right of the page)
- Fill in the form in the new window and press Add a New Card
- Go to In-Store CashBack (in the top of the page) and press Link Offer next to the store of your choice to link the card you have added to that store (or create a new one).
All done, the card has been added and linked to the store, you can now shop at the selected stores offline and still receive cashback.
Don’t forget these simple rules for receiving In Store Cashback
- You must pay for your purchase with the card you have linked to that particular store (you can change the linked card from the mobile app)
- Your Visa or American Express card must be linked to that particular store (the Link Offer button)
- The purchase must be made at the physical offline store and not online.
! Please note that at the moment the In-Store Cashback program is only available on the territory of the USA and only for American bank card holders.
Plug-ins, add-ons and browser extensions for Rakuten
Press Rakuten Button on the Rakuten website to get the platform’s extension for Google Chrome. After you install the plug-in, you will be able to find a particular store with cashback, look up discount coupons or activate cashback without going on the platform’s website.
You can install the extension from the page https://www.rakuten.com/button.htm.
Rakuten mobile app for iOS / Android
Owners of Android or iOS operating system smartphones can use a convenient Rakuten mobile app to use the site and its benefits on the go.
The app is available on App Store and Google Play.
RakutenMobile Apps installation button is located in the bottom of the Rakuten.com website.
You can also download Rakuten mobile app here: https://www.rakuten.com/mobile.htm
You can also leave your phone number in the Rakuten Mobile Apps section and receive a text with a download link for the Rakuten app.
Rakuten affiliate program
All Rakuten cashback service users can earn $25 for every new user they bring in once that user has accumulated over $25 of cashback.
To invite friends copy the referral link in your Rakuten account and share it on social media, blogs, forums or by email.
Every person that follows your link to Rakuten.com and signs up will become your referral and as soon as they have accumulated $25 or more you will receive a $25 bonus to your Rakuten account.
NOTE: Rakuten affiliate program terms and conditions change once in a while, and you can always look up the most recent changes in the Refer & Earn section.
To copy the referral link for a friend or make a repost on social media, go to Refer & Earn $25+ (in the top right of the webpage).
You can also often see interesting promo offers to attract new clients to Rakuten.com in the Refer & Earn $25+ section. Read the terms and conditions of each offer in the bottom of the page.
Click Here to Choose the Best Cashback Website аnd don’t forget to look at our Most Viewed Stores